Church of St Cassian
Church of St Cassian 's parish church is located in the old village . Today it is a beautiful stone building with Romanesque and baroque details , which is built according the form of the XVII . century , but to many historians ,it became more modest even before the first written monument( 1289.g. ) . This is supported by the assumption that the name derived from the name of the San Cassian . Today's appearance received in the year 1642 to be read over the northwest gate , over which is representative of the pediment of the altar wall - the most representative in our medieval art - originated probably in the middle of the 11th century or earlier . The church gave in 1674 parish priest Don Sime Veleslavić , native and Glagolitic , what is evidenced by the solemn Glagolitic inscription in the sacristy .
The church has a single nave from the sanctuary , sacristy and five marble altars . The main altar with a tabernacle which shows the Madonna with St . Cassian ,St. Jerome and St. Sime . The marmble statues of St. Cassian and St. Jerome are the work of Leone Botinelli . By the side of the altar , above the sacristy door , there are niches with wooden statues of St. Cassian and St. Joseph. The side walls of the church belong to : the altar of St. Peter and Paul with pale respective saints ; altar of St. Cyril and Methodius with pale ; Sacred Heart with a wooden statue ; Our Lady of Lourdes with a wooden statue as also as St. Anthony and St. Nicholas .
In the church there are two stone bowls built near the side door and large which is independent near the main gate and stone baptismal font . The sanctuary is a stone altar facing the people and the stone ambo. It is built next to the church dating from the 1906th and the 1910th , and was added in the 1970s. draft by renowned architect and conservator Cyril Ivekovic . There are three bells , and Sukošan people are especially proud of the beautiful sound of the bells that still play an important role in everyday life . The yard of the church is surrounded by a high stone wall 'Below bell' which usually serves as a unique stage for many“ a capella“ concerts .The Feast of St. Cassian , the patron saint , is celebrated on August 13th when believers go around the town in a procession carrying his statue .